Nickelodeon AnimationBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
For over 30 years, the Nickelodeon Animation Studio continues to be one of the largest producers of television animation in the world, reflecting all kids today. Based in Burbank, Calif., with offices in New York, the Studio, designed by our artists and for our artists, is home to the world's greatest creative talents. Our campus of creativity houses top-notch talent, storytellers, artists, production teams, voice actors, cartoon experts and more. At Nickelodeon, we are always looking to recruit dedicated craftspeople to help bring groundbreaking new ideas to life and that starts with you! We are leading the way in animated content for TV series, TV movies, shorts and theatrical features. Some of our new upcoming original animated series include, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, Rugrats, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy, Big Nate and Santiago of the Seas, among others.Our content development teams are creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, our mentorship of new talent is second to none, and we are committed to hiring inclusively to reflect authenticity in the diverse stories we want to tell.Join us!
We get to work with all animation productions and most departments at the studio to help with customizing pipelines, databases, and tools. This is a great opportunity if you enjoy challenges, variety, and embrace change with enthusiasm.
You will have a direct impact on the production pipelines (tv and feature) and be seen as a hero to the artists and productions that we support.
You will be part of a small but mighty team that values teaching and learning from each other, where your voice is heard, and you will have ownership over tools and pipelines you write and support.
• Learn and understand the variety of technical solutions we currently support.
• Meet with the teams to gather feedback on tools usage, bugs and feature requests.
• Create and Maintain internal and user facing documentation
• Provide additional technical support and training to production teams as needed.
• ''Fire-Fighting;'' we support multiple productions and requests and problems come up and need to be addressed on a production schedule. Help check on jobs and error logs to answer questions for productions about why something gave an error, or escalate issues to the rest of the team.
• Help set up accounts for users in different systems
• Help design, implement, test, and support extensions to existing pipelines.
• Research new technologies and design ways to add them to the existing pipeline.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Animation Production or equivalent experience in a related field.
• Experience Developing in Filemaker or Shotgun; writing scripts, creating relationships, configuring layouts, working with indirection, and rest API.
• 1-2 years of programming experience.
• 1-2 years of experience with Animation Pipelines
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Great attention to detail and quality.
• Must be able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical individuals.
• Familiarity with Python and Shotgun
• CG-related APIs, especially in regard to Maya, Nuke, Mental Ray, Redshift, Arnold, and Photoshop