Director, Animation Production
Nickelodeon AnimationBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Viacom has a clear vision: to be the premier destination where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our global audiences, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world. At Viacom, you will have the opportunity to develop your professional career at the home of iconic brands like BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount and others.
The Director, Physical Production for Animation will support all production aspects of new animation features from concept to completion including oversight of in-house productions, as well as lead all aspects of the relationship with partner studios. The Director, Physical Production for Animation will collaborate with Casting, Music, Legal and Finance departments throughout the production process and maintain production guidelines on all projects. The ideal candidate has a love for animation, is collaborative, and connected within the entertainment industry having positive relationships with artistic talent and production staff. Strong communication skills along with a firm understanding of the animation feature pipeline is a must.
• Build and maintain trusted relationships with Producers, Partner Studios, internal departments
• Identify new talent, both emerging and veteran, to support all phases of production
• Work with Producers, Line Producers and management to identify, mentor and grow the next generation of production and artist talent within the studio
• Serve as advisor for all production teams by providing guidance on process, pipeline efficiencies, training, reporting and problem solving
• Build and drive the schedules and logistical plans for the feature animation slate.
• Serve as a key contributor in setting the long-term vision for production for the studio
• Cultivate strong relationships within the animation community to attract the best talent.
• Represent Nick at industry events
• Build strong teams around projects according to each series’ evolving needs and budgets
• Provide ongoing updates to senior management about the progress of each development project against the initial plan. Communicate challenges and offer proactive solutions
• Be dedicated in making key production decisions and eliciting inventive ideas; promote a culture of collaboration between leadership on shows and facilitate feedback throughout their process
• In partnership with the studio leadership team, identify and evaluate animation subcontractors
• Stay on top of key industry trends, emerging technology, competitors’ slates.
• Communicate with the legal, finance and technology teams and other studio departments
• 10 Years of Feature Animation experience
• Strong production skills with regard to creating and evaluating schedules and budgets
• Strong industry contacts to artists, production management and emerging talent
• Proven networking capabilities with professional organizations, creative groups, alumni associations and interest in building strong relationships with Nickelodeon and Viacom
• Positive outlook and ability to be flexible and multitask
• Proven ability to solve problems and interact with a wide variety of personalities
• In-depth knowledge of the feature animation production processes and artist workflows within pipeline and current and emerging technology associated with it
• Strong ability to build working relationships with other departments and executives
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Experience and knowledge of a variety of animation mediums (traditional hand-drawn animation, CG animation, and others) and experience with the various stages of production (pre-production, production and post-production) in multiple mediums
• Think critically and analytically. Must have a high aptitude for planning and tactical execution on simultaneous projects
• Familiarity working with industry partners