Nickelodeon AnimationBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/30/2021 7:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Dialogue Editor jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Dialogue Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Dialogue Editor?
Full Time Job
Director of Audio Production
An EMR (Edited Master Record) Editor is a person who must be proficient with ProTools,
Izotope RX, Batch Commander and Sound Miner, as well as be able to work with one or
sometimes multiple executives to create the final audio output for a show. They must be
personable, organized, detail-oriented, and able to work with multiple production schedules
and coordinate appointments using Outlook. They should have both Recording and Editing
experience in a broadcast studio environment.
• Leads and executes the scheduling of a production's EMR edits and reviews with the productions.
• Uses Microsoft Outlook calendar for booking EMR appointments.
• Imports Audio from Original Record Sessions.
• Edit's circle takes or ALL takes from Original Record using the circle take scripts from Casting Dept.
• Must label and coordinate audio edits to Nickelodeon operation standard.
• Prioritizes edits into a radio play for review with Director or Creator.
• Cleans any distorted or technically compromised audio using Izotope RX or other software.
• Applies Stretch, Pitch Shift, Crossfades, Edits, or any other effects to make audio work for the show.
• Operates Microphone Pre-Amp, Compressors, Headphones and Software for scratch records.
• May need to work out the timing for action.
• May also need to edit syllable by syllable from multiple takes to get the best possible read and audio.
• Synchronizes Dialog to Final Picture for Conforms.
• Must know workflow between Animatic, Avid, and EMR.
• Must know how to process audio from Animatic for Avid deliveries.
• Ensure Conforms meet delivery specifications set by the post facilities for the mix stages.
• Handles ordering for any stock needed.
• Quality Controls all EMR's and adheres to Viacom Broadcast Standards.
• Daily confirms that all Equipment is functioning accurately.
• Reports all machine issues to Director of Audio and Technical Support Coordinator, Tech Ops, West Coast.
• Provides mentorship and support to productions as needed.
• Troubleshoots all systems as needed.
• Coordinate Calendar appointments with the show's production team.
• Consults with producers, directors, and others to determine and achieve the desired sound for the show.
• Works with the highest level at the company to provide mentorship and support.
• Communicates with Production Crew, Casting Staff, Post Productions Teams, Editors, and Assistants as needed.
• Provides regular status updates to Director of Audio, Productions, and Technical Operations.
• Meets with other EMR, Animatic, Avid editors and Technical Operations team to ensure uniformity.
• AA Degree in Audio or equivalent experience (technical schools).
• Experience in the operations of Pro-Tools, Outlook, Izotope RX and Soundminer.
• Experience in the procedures of audio, video and post-production environments.
• Extensive Recording experience
• Strong Technical troubleshooting skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
• Ability to perform well under pressure.
• Ability to lead a large number of tasks concurrently.
• Ability to prioritize optimally.
• Teammate, flexible and collaborative.
• Articulate and dead-line oriented.
• 10 years in broadcast audio recording environment.
• Operating system experience
• Macintosh OSX
• Ability with software applications:
• Microsoft Excel
• FileMaker Pro
• Final Cut Pro
• Avid Media Composer
• Avid Pro-tools
• Waves Platinum
• Izotope RX4 Advance
• Sound Miner v4.5
• Batch Commander
• Nick Burbank Animation Studios