Cg Storyboard Artist
Nickelodeon AnimationBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
CG STORYBOARD ARTIST (KAMP KORAL)
Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for A Storyboard Artist for Kamp Koral!
• Meet with creative supervisors to discuss objectives of storyboard; what is desired or to be achieved.
• Create storyboards by implementing storytelling objectives.
• Follow instructions of creative supervisors.
• Address any problems with creative supervisors; ask necessary questions.
• Communicate progress of work to creative supervisors and to appropriate production staff.
• Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in storyboard work.
• Follow accurate document management requirements (i.e., file naming and storage) according to the production's guidelines.
• Meet all deadlines as determined by Line Producer or Production Manager.
• Attend and contribute to meetings and pitches as needed.
• Maybe be required to pitch Storyboards.
• Ensure all storyboard notes are added.
• Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show.
• Strong staging and composition skills.
• Understanding of subtext in character performance. Portfolio samples must demonstrate that all characters in a sequence do not behave the same. They are unique. Think about which character in a scene is dominant, which is submissive. What are the undercurrents? Whose scene is it?
• Strong drawing and mechanical skills.
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software (Photoshop, Storyboard Pro) and hardware (Wacom Cintiq monitor and/or tablet).
• Strong time-management skills.
• Work well under pressure.
• Ability to multitask a plus.
• Related drawing experience necessary.
• BA/BS preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year storyboard experience and/or training on a similar show; or equivalent combination of education and experience.