Cg Look Development Artist
Nickelodeon AnimationBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
CG Look Development Artist (Big Nate)
For over 30 years, the Nickelodeon Animation Studio continues to be one of the largest producers of television animation in the world, reflecting all kids today. Based in Burbank, Calif., with offices in New York, the Studio, designed by our artists and for our artists, is home to the world's greatest creative talents. Our campus of creativity houses top-notch talent, storytellers, artists, production teams, voice actors, cartoon experts and more. At Nickelodeon, we are always looking to recruit dedicated craftspeople to help bring groundbreaking new ideas to life and that starts with you! We are leading the way in animated content for TV series, TV movies, shorts and theatrical features. Some of our new upcoming original animated series include, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, Rugrats, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy, Big Nate and Santiago of the Seas, among others.Our content development teams are creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, our mentorship of new talent is second to none, and we are committed to hiring inclusively to reflect authenticity in the diverse stories we want to tell.Join us!
Texture Painting and Shader Development.
Must be capable of creating painterly, stylized, procedural, and photorealistic textures in several specified styles.
The ideal candidate must have a critical eye with their own work, be able to follow reference material and concept art, be organized, have the ability to problem solve, be resourceful and creative, and work well with a team.
• Ability to texture in several specified styles per CG show.
• Texture paint 3D characters, props, and sets within Maya, Substance Painter, and on occasion use Photoshop and Zbrush.
• Set up Redshift/Maya shader networks and use them to achieve desired looks. (Redshift is our render engine. Redshift specific knowledge is not a requirement, but artist should be familiar with PBR-based rendering/surfacing in general.)
• Review UV's for texturing when needed.
• Must have an online demo reel video that demonstrates texture painting skills.
• A minimum 2 years experience in the television, gaming, or feature film industries.
• Excellent artistic, painting, and texturing skills.
• Knowledge and experience in Maya.
• Knowledge and experience in Substance Painter (or similar 3D paint program).
• Understanding of the Shading networks and capabilities within Maya.
• Understanding of UV layout and principles.
• Ability to craft high quality source images.
• In-depth understanding of color theory and application.
• Understanding of the CG Pipeline.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills. Ability to multitask effectively, prioritize contending demands, and follow through on details.
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as be resourceful and self-driven.
• UV unwrapping skills is a plus
• Zbrush & Substance Designer skills are a plus
• Redshift-specific experience a plus