Cg Animation Director
Nickelodeon AnimationBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
For over 30 years, the Nickelodeon Animation Studio continues to be one of the largest producers of television animation in the world, reflecting all kids today. Based in Burbank, Calif., with offices in New York, the Studio, designed by our artists and for our artists, is home to the world's greatest creative talents. Our campus of creativity houses top-notch talent, storytellers, artists, production teams, voice actors, cartoon experts and more. At Nickelodeon, we are always looking to recruit dedicated craftspeople to help bring groundbreaking new ideas to life and that starts with you! We are leading the way in animated content for TV series, TV movies, shorts and theatrical features. Some of our new upcoming original animated series include, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, Rugrats, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy, Big Nate and Santiago of the Seas, among others.Our content development teams are creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, our mentorship of new talent is second to none, and we are committed to hiring inclusively to reflect authenticity in the diverse stories we want to tell.Join us!
For each episodic segment, assessing scripts and storyboards for CG do ability and ensuring that they work in the confines of our production model, instruct on the filmmaking, continuity, and staging of each segment, make fair notes on vendor studios' animation, create any layout, key poses, video notes necessary to instruct vendor studios in the completing the segment.
• To be the custodian of the Animation style of the show.
• Review episodic animation at all stages of production, provide feedback and direction to animators/studios.
• They will train with the Core Animation team to learn the established style of the show and be responsible for seeing that style through the entire animation process and season.
• Primary teacher of the animation style to all other artists, including Overseas.
• Attend meetings early in the process (board pitches, animatic reviews, etc.) to understand the episode's direction and requirements prior to animation beginning, to help ensure that vision is achieved in the final product.
• Review designs and breakdown decisions to help direct from the front on new or reused assets (instead of noting issues once into production).
• Have a good technical understanding of models and rigs.
• Test character rigs.
• Create Pose Libraries for episodic characters.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in Maya and Shotgun.
• Ability to manage the production schedule and resources.
• Detailed understanding of animation and film language and process.
• Ability to prioritize.
• Ability to work in high pressure, demanding environment.
• Proven verbal and written communication skills.
• Good time management skills; good multi-tasker.
• BA/BS preferred.
• A minimum of 3 – 5 years of CG directing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.