Action Storyboard Artist
Nickelodeon AnimationBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/7/2022 3:00:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Action Storyboard Artist jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Action Storyboard Artist postings
Full Time Job
Action Storyboard Artist (CG)
For over 30 years, the Nickelodeon Animation Studio continues to be one of the largest producers of television animation in the world, reflecting all kids today. Based in Burbank, Calif., with offices in New York, the Studio, designed by our artists and for our artists, is home to the world's greatest creative talents. Our campus of creativity houses top-notch talent, storytellers, artists, production teams, voice actors, cartoon experts and more. At Nickelodeon, we are always looking to recruit dedicated craftspeople to help bring groundbreaking new ideas to life and that starts with you! We are leading the way in animated content for TV series, TV movies, shorts and theatrical features. Some of our new upcoming original animated series include, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, Rugrats, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy, Big Nate and Santiago of the Seas, among others.Our content development teams are creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, our mentorship of new talent is second to none, and we are committed to hiring inclusively to reflect authenticity in the diverse stories we want to tell.Join us!
• Meet with creative supervisors to discuss objectives of storyboard; what is desired or to be achieved.
• Create storyboards by implementing storytelling objectives.
• Follow instructions of creative supervisors.
• Address any problems with creative supervisors; ask necessary questions.
• Communicate progress of work to creative supervisors and to appropriate production staff.
• Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in storyboard work.
• Follow proper document management requirements (i.e., file naming and storage) according to the productionâ€™s guidelines.
• Meet all deadlines as determined by Line Producer or Production Manager.
• Attend and contribute to relevant meetings and pitches as needed.
• Maybe be required to pitch storyboards.
• Ensure all storyboard notes are added.
• Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show.
• Strong staging and composition skills.
• Understanding of subtext in character performance. Portfolio samples must demonstrate that all characters in a sequence do not behave the same. They are unique. Think about which character in a scene is dominant, which is submissive. What are the undercurrents? Whose scene is it?
• Strong drawing and mechanical skills.
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software (Photoshop, Storyboard Pro) and hardware (Wacom Cintiq monitor and/or tablet).
• Strong time-management skills.
• Work well under pressure.
• Ability to multitask a plus.
• Relevant drawing experience necessary.
• BA/BS preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year storyboard experience and/or training on a similar show; or equivalent combination of education and experience.