Video Product Manager
NexstarLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Product Manager for Digital Video will be a key member of the product management team, responsible for overseeing the digital suite of services that deliver video to all touchpoints across the Nexstar Media Group. This position requires a passion for video product development and an appetite to stay up-to-speed and lead our teams' knowledge and understanding of the digital video landscape. This includes online video platforms and players , advertising , BI, and front-end user experiences across mobile , web , and OTT.
Reporting to the VP of Video Product, the Video Product Manager will work closely with product team leaders to define, set and implement strategic and operational product priorities for Nexstar Digital's Publisher Solutions Group.
As a member of the Product Team, the Product Manager will work closely with external and internal partners including Nexstar Media's portfolio of local television stations and other non-Nexstar customers using our platforms and services.
7 + years of experience with digital video product management, operations , and monetization is a must , preferably for a media company.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders to collaborate on, and manage projects within a large , geographically diverse company.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for news, and knowledge of broader industry trends that shape the digital media landscape. You come with solid media/publishing business acumen, and operate effectively in independent and team collaboration settings alike.
• Help d efine critical strategies and a product roadmap to evolve and grow Nexstar Digital's (NDs) video publishing competency.
• Own the day to day operations of Nexstar's video operations and support the parent company and its station groups adoption, use and successful operations of digital video platforms.
• Understand digital video performance and analytics (engagement, monetization) and, working with your analytics partners, provide insights to stakeholders on performance optimizations.
• Gather, intake, assess feature requests and prioritize bug reports from all areas of the business including local stations.
• Contribute to and c ommunicate the Product group's video priorities and roadmap to stakeholders .
• Author clear, actionable product requirements in an Agile software development environment. Work effectively with engineering and other teams to ensure deliverables are met.
• Comfort and using a variety of reporting and project management tools to communicate and document across the video product portfolio including Zendesk, Jira, Confluence, and others.?
• Manage end - to - end product roll outs including:
• Conducting user acceptance testing including A/B or multivariate testing
• Create detailed product artifacts such as release notes and training documentation
• Coordinate and conduct end-user training
• Intake, triage, and follow-through on stakeholder bug/feature reports via systems like Zendesk
• Have 7+ years of experience as a product manager with proven digital video experience (platforms, players, monetization, formats, etc ) including:
• Knowledge of, and experience with, various OVPs and video player solutions (Anvato, Akamai, Brightcove, JW Player, Video.js, etc . )
• Knowledge of and experience working with video ad serving platforms, strategies and techniques .
• Video analytics and performance technologies using technology suites like GA/GA360 , Comscore , Conviva , etc.
• Proven experience with l ive streaming, s ocial and viral video, Facebook Live .
• A plus: Experience with broadcast television technologies and broadcast automation systems. ( BitCentral , ENPS, etc.)
• Strong analytical skills and data-driven decision making .
• Proven experience working directly with design and engineering teams to build and ship video, web, mobile, and OTT products .
• Stellar communication and project management skills with the ability to weave strategy, insights, priorities and plan into a structured and organized storyline at all levels of management and stakeholders .
• Bachelor's degree required.?
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!