Vice President, General Manager
NexstarColorado Spring, CO
Full Time Job
Nexstar Media Inc., America's largest local broadcasting company, is seeking an experienced and dynamic Vice President & General Manager for KXRM (FOX) and KXTU (CW), as well as all digital, mobile and social assets associated with FOX21news.com in the Colorado Springs, Colorado DMA (#85).
The ideal candidate will utilize their proven skillsets and demonstrable experience in leading broadcast operational teams with sales-driven organizations, developing locally originated content, and commitment to community service to further propel our Colorado Spring's linear and digital leadership position in the market.
Additionally, the successful candidate will have a track record of high performance in developing revenue across multiple platforms, promoting teamwork within all station departments and prior success in maintaining a focus on operational efficiencies and growth in programming performance and new local revenue generation.
Colorado Springs is the second largest city in the state of Colorado, just 60 miles from the state capital of Denver, and is home to the United States Air Force Academy, the United States Olympic Committee, as well as 23 other national sports governing bodies. With the city located at the base of the Rocky Mountains, and its many trails and parks, Colorado Springs is a popular destination for a variety of outdoor activities. KXRM and KXTU serve twelve (12) counties across the east central portion of the state.
Requirements for the Vice President and General Manager position:
• Minimum of five years of experience as a successful General Manager for a commercial broadcast station.
• Significant sales management experience in leading and driving revenue growth in broadcast and digital. Special emphasis on New Local Direct revenue growth, including self-created non-traditional revenue success and sports and community sponsorships.
• A proven track record providing professional, demonstrative leadership and the ability to in develop a leadership team and promote collaboration and teamwork among all station departments.
• The vision and ability to enact short-term and long-term plans for the development of the stations' digital and mobile platforms.
• Track record of success in maintaining a focus on the bottom line.
• Broad range of programming experience with an emphasis on localism is essential.
• Nexstar seeks a stakeholder - someone who is engaging, promotes good citizenship and wants to make a positive impact on the community
Compensation Range: $200k and up, commensurate with experience;
Eligible for performance based bonus plan
• Full medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as certain other health and wellness benefits
• Retirement savings plan with company match
• Other key company benefits include disability accident insurance, hospital indemnity, critical illness, life insurance, AD&D, ID protection, and employee assistance program. More details about timing and conditions of benefits eligibility and other plan terms and conditions will be provided upon hire.
If you are driven by a determination to succeed, have a tireless work ethic, a commitment to creative, successful revenue generation, dedicated to serving the community, and enjoy working alongside an exceptional team of dedicated employees with America's largest broadcasting company, then apply online at www.nexstar.tv/careers.