NexstarSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
The Studio Technician operates various equipment (camera, audio, visual, graphics, lighting, or digital) used for production and/or transmission.
Nexstar Media Inc.'s station, KRON4, the San Francisco Bay Area's Local News Station, seeks a Full-Time STUDIO TECHNICIAN
• Operation of broadcast equipment, not limited to but including; Tricaster, Studio managing, teleprompting, audio operation, robotic cameras, transmission and other duties as assigned to execute KRON4 & KRONOn productions.
• Applicant must have demonstratable skills in LIVE broadcast production, automation, and execution of LIVE breaking news.
• Be able to communicate and document effectively and concisely with crew, news producers and assignment team.
• Coordinates with all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
• Have working knowledge of ENPS, MOS commands, Chyron, video servers, Crispin automation, routers, and general broadcast equipment.
• Work as a liaison daily between news, engineering and production departments.
• Tests equipment daily to ensure proper operation.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field preferred.
• Three plus (3+) years' experience in professional live television broadcast operations preferred.
• Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news, be self-sufficient and have a ''press-on-regardless'' attitude.
• Must be proficient with operation of broadcast equipment.
• Must be detail-oriented and be able to multitask in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
• Applicant should have the drive to learn and advance skills.
• Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Availability to work all day parts, including weekends and holidays.
• Recognize that overtime hours may occur as situations arise.
• Physical requirements: Standing and/or sitting for several hours at a time.
• Management reserves the discretion to add or modify job duties as required.
This is a full-time, union position.
Compensation - $33.00/hr commensurate with experience and skill level