Senior Director, Data Product
NexstarLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior Director, Data Product will be responsible for managing the requirements, prioritization, and successful execution of projects required to create business value from the Company's data assets by driving audience and revenue growth. Reporting to the SVP of Strategy & Business Intelligence, the Senior Director will work closely with other members of the Strategy & Business Intelligence team, as well as with stakeholders including Product, Revenue Operations, Content, Engineering, and Business Development. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, passionate, organized, and can operate effectively in both independent and team collaboration settings. He/she should have a strong business acumen, advanced project and/or program management experience, and significant digital publishing experience. Familiarity with the broadcast industry is a plus.
This role will be responsible for managing the execution of innovative, enterprise-wide projects that positively influence user and advertiser behavior across the entire Nexstar network through data-driven product features, actionable insights, new business opportunities, and strategy optimization. He/She will be responsible for overseeing efforts to streamline and automate the collection, management, and analysis of consumer, product, social, market, competitive, and ad data. It is a unique opportunity to build a new set of capabilities for the nation's largest broadcast company, and help move our business into the future.
• Work with the SVP of Strategy & BI to develop and execute a project roadmap that will support enhanced data infrastructure and product capabilities
• Establish the short and long term needs for the data platforms required to power Nexstar's advanced BI, including resource and system requirements, and management strategies required to lead and execute on key projects
• Work with both internal teams and vendors to roll-out technology solutions that will transform our current analytics capabilities into a full-featured analytics, insights, and data science platform
• Partner with the engineering and data teams to develop requirements and project plans to execute data roadmap
• Identify new data sources and develop a strategy for obtaining and managing audience data
• Prepare research, communication materials and presentations for the senior leadership team across Nexstar Digital and the Nexstar Media Group team
• 7+ years in data and analytics, market research, insights creation, and strategy development
• Prior experience in media/entertainment
• Deep experience with digital media, including analytics, advertising, and audience acquisition strategies
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!