NexstarLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
KTLA5 is the first commercial TV station licensed west of the Mississippi – join our team and be a part of LA history!
As a Sales Coordinator you will be part of a high paced, innovative, and collaborative team. Employee will handle a variety of routine and non-routine client requests and tasks from Account Executives and Management.
Responsible for managing a high-volume of media campaigns throughout the life cycle of each order for KTLA, ANTENNA-TV, KTLA.com and KTLA+. Candidate will collaborate with internal departments required to complete projects as necessary, working across departments at KTLA and with clients to successfully execute campaigns such as media schedules and associated elements, as well as promotional and contest campaigns. Responsibilities will include but not limited to ensuring the timely and accurate airing of spot and digital schedules, order processing, order confirmations, managing pre-empts and makegood offers, compare estimated ratings/impressions with actual ratings/impressions to ensure audience delivery, distribution of daily/weekly spot times, execute client recaps, assist with sponsorship fulfillment/trackers and downloading of airchecks. Candidate will generate various weekly and monthly revenue reports, answer sales phone lines, and other duties as assigned. Work with Finance Department and Shared Services for system set up of new accounts, payment liability, and invoice discrepancies, as well as communicate with Traffic Department for order processing and copy issues. Candidate will be cross-trained on both the local and national sales desk. This fast-paced and evolving team requires an individual who demonstrates the capability to plan for and manage multiple activities, projects, and deliverables.
• Thrives in a team environment and demonstrates leadership skills
• Highly organized with acute attention to detail and accuracy
• Must have strong written/verbal communication
• Exceptional time management and prioritizing skills with ability to multi-task
• Action-oriented with strong execution and follow up skills.
• Excellent analytical skills and must be good with numbers
• High proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong customer service skills
• Working knowledge of sales support systems and databases; WO Traffic, WO OrderConnect, and Medialine
• Associate degree or equivalent related experience in television broadcasting, preferably in sales, advertising or traffic gained either through work experience or classroom study
• Minimum 1 year work experience in a media environment, preferably in sales.
Compensation - $23-$25/hr
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.