Reporter, News Anchor
NexstarGrand Junction, CO
This was removed by the employer on 4/27/2021 2:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Reporter, News Anchor jobs in Grand Junction-CO
Search all Reporter, News Anchor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Reporter, News Anchor? Reporter I, News Anchor
The News Anchor/MMJ serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Assists in producing newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Acts as a field reporter and/or photographer, as assigned.
• Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Edits video clips as assigned.
• Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Minimum five years' experience in news reporting or anchoring.
• Superior on-air presence.
• Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Anchor must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition the Co-Anchor must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Annual Salary: $26,000.00 - and up, commensurate with experience
• A career path to grow your professional experiences
• Full medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as certain other health and wellness benefits
• Retirement savings plan with company match
• Other key company benefits include disability accident insurance, hospital indemnity, critical illness, life insurance, AD&D, ID protection, and employee assistance program. More details about timing and conditions of benefits eligibility and other plan terms and conditions will be provided upon hire. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.