Reporter, News Anchor
NexstarColorado Spring, CO
Full Time Job
Reporter I, News Anchor
Media Group is America's largest local television and media company with 197 full-power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar's platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices.
FOX21 News is seeking a Weekend Anchor for our 9:00 pm newscasts on Saturday and Sunday. This person needs to be one of the Chief Journalists in the newsroom. They should be a strong writer, have outstanding news judgment and bring energy and confidence to the news desk. They also need to connect with viewers on all platforms. During the week the expectation will be that you hit the streets to report. A college degree in broadcasting or related major is preferred with at least 2 years of anchor experience.
The News Anchor Reporter serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to the news consumer.
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write a story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
• Gather and verify information regarding stories through interviews, observation, and research.
• Build a network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education
• Three (3) years of television anchoring or reporting experience required
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
• Strong reporting skills
• Understand the importance of social media
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar, and organizational skills
• Promotes teamwork and maintains an attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
• Operate newsroom computer systems
• COMPENSATION RANGE:
Annual Salary: $33,500 - and up, commensurate with experience
• A career path to grow your professional experiences
• Full medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as certain other health and wellness benefits
• Retirement savings plan with company match
Other key company benefits include disability accident insurance, hospital indemnity, critical illness, life insurance, AD&D, ID protection, pet discount program, and employee assistance program. More details about timing and conditions of benefits eligibility and other plan terms and conditions will be provided
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled