This was removed by the employer on 12/30/2022 2:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Producer, News jobs in Bakersfield-CA
Search all Producer, News postings
Full Time Job
KGET in Bakersfield is looking for a super smart producer to guide our top-rated show.
We are the dominant station here in Market 125, where we also operate a Telemundo sister station. We pride ourselves on intelligent news, and we need an early-rising leader to continue our tradition of excellence.
Bakersfield is 90 minutes north of Los Angeles and two hours from the beach. It's the ninth most populous city in California and growing like crazy. More people live in Kern County than San Francisco County. We'll pass Oakland's population in a couple years. We cover an area as big as Massachusetts, and we aren't afraid to chase local news wherever it happens.
In the last seven years, we've earned 19 Edward R. Murrow Awards (including four for Overall Excellence) and 10 best newscast Emmys – including three for 17News@Sunrise.
We dominate this market because we take news seriously. That's why we need serious, smart people.
We figure anyone can cover a murder or re-write a story out of the newspaper. We do plenty of those, but we're looking for someone who also is able – and eager – to spot a trend and recognize how it affects our viewers.
Is that you?
If you think so, drop a line to News Director Michael Trihey at email@example.com. Put ''Producer'' in the guide.
• Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms
• Writes and orders news stories
• Approves scripts
• Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts
• Edits video
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift