Platform Systems Lead Engineer
NexstarLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/25/2021 7:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Platform Systems Lead Engineer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Platform Systems Lead Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Platform Systems Lead Engineer? Looking for a Platform Systems Lead Engineer with experience in delivering large-scale, performant software systems within the media industry. The software engineer will be responsible for development and deployment of our software applications that will help shape the broadcast industry now and into the future. Experience with WordPress and other CMS systems is a must.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager for Nexstar Digital, the right candidate will work closely with other stakeholders from Product, PMO, Data, and Revenue teams to drive customer and business value from the Company's unique market position. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, passionate software engineer with a full-stack technical background and skilled at solving complex challenges by building innovative software products using the latest best practices in technology. Should have strong expertise in software development and delivery of large scale applications.
Looking for someone who is comfortable digging into requirements, exceptional coding skills, helping build new software systems, and the ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the team in agile methodology.
• Delivering, scalable, clean and robust software development
• Enforcing consistent software quality by implementing tests and performing code reviews
• Collaborating with product owners, engineers and data scientists to build a seamless media platform
• Championing new technologies and enforcing the best development patterns
• Debug issues in production/live systems
• Continuously improve the platform and the codebase
• Understanding server-side CSS
• Understanding basic SEO principles
• Understanding PHP Frameworks
• Writing code to implement visual elements into various web applications
• Efficient use of server-side caching as well as edge caching
• Using backend technologies like REST and GraphQL
• Strong development skills in an Object oriented language, PHP preferred
• Experience of developing automation tools; CI/CD
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field
• 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact well with stakeholders, to understand business requirements
• Creative problem-solver with ability to look beyond existing business and technology limitations to identify the ''next thing''
• Past experience in the media and broadcasting industry highly desired
• Past experience in WordPress development
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design, and microservices
• System knowledge and experience
• Experience with WordPress and other CMS Systems
• Expertise in at least one Object oriented language such as PHP
• Experience in at least one of the following preferred: React.js, Vue.js, Next.js
• Experience with web pack, babel, grunt
• Strong understanding of CSS or SCSS
• Experience with versioning such as GitHub/bitbucket
• Familiarity with CDN technologies This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.