NexstarGrand Junction, CO
Full Time Job
The Production Operations Manager is responsible for providing timely technical operations support and management oversight for news broadcasts and other live and recorded programs.
• Manages all aspects of the Production Operations Department
• Plans and manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations for the Production Operations Department, including Control Room and Studio (non-talent) personnel
• Insures that staffing levels are cost effective and enough to meet the needs of the station
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees
• Ensures station compliance with FCC broadcast rules and regulations
• Monitors broadcasts to ensure that programs conform to station quality standards, policies and regulations
• Manages the use of studio and editing resources
• Trains employees in the use of equipment such as switchers, cameras, monitors, microphones, and lights
• Assigns projects to staff and verifies that deadlines are being met
• Acts as a liaison between the Engineering and Production Operations departments
• Performs various production duties when necessitated by employee absence or other exigent circumstances
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum five years' experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment, with at least two year's experience in a leadership role (More or less depending on market size).
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Strong PC/MS Office experience.
• Experience with broadcast equipment and production environments, including cameras, control boards, audio equipment and editing systems.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!