Lifestyle Show Host
NexstarColorado Springs, CO
This was removed by the employer on 5/24/2021 1:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Lifestyle Show Host jobs in Colorado Springs-CO
Search all Lifestyle Show Host postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Lifestyle Show Host? KXRM-TV, FOX21 in Colorado Springs, CO is searching for the next host for our hour-long Lifestyle Show. The style of the show is segment and interview-based, highlighting events and unique storytelling here in Southern Colorado. The skillset we are looking for will require strong ad-libbing and interview skills. A college degree in broadcasting or related major is preferred with at least 2-3 years' experience. Familiarity with I-News, Adobe Premier Editing System, and the Ross automated system puts you way ahead of the game.
The Talk Show Host is responsible for hosting a program, conducting in-studio interview segments, and participating in on-location segments as scheduled.
• Provide daily on-camera contributions to a daily television show
• Assisting Executive Producer with writing show segments
• Interviewing show guests/clients both in-studio and on location
• Collecting information, video, or photos at remote locations for post-production
• Greeting and assisting guests during show preparations.
• Researching show topics and developing questions for guests in coordination with Executive Producer
• Attending daily show meeting
• Assisting sales on presentations including meeting with clients
• Participating in events –either station-sponsored or others – to promote the show
• Maintaining a show social media account and assist with all online content as directed by the Executive Producer
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in film, photography, television, news, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
• Proven experience as a host or on-air personality
• A video introduction is required
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
• Must be energetic, positive, and great in a team environment
• Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
Annual Salary: $45,000 - and up, commensurate with experience
• A career path to grow your professional experiences
• Full medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as certain other health and wellness benefits
• Retirement savings plan with company match
Other key company benefits include disability accident insurance, hospital indemnity, critical illness, life insurance, AD&D, ID protection, pet discount program, and employee assistance program. More details about timing and conditions of benefits eligibility and other plan terms and conditions will be provided This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.