This was removed by the employer on 9/30/2022 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Lifestyle Host jobs in Bakersfield-CA
Search all Lifestyle Host postings
Full Time Job
KGET seeks an energetic and enthusiastic F/T Host for the markets only, Monday-Friday LIVE half hour lifestyle show.
Host will work with show producer to deliver content and create entertaining television. Candidate will be energetic and self-motivated, with demonstrated writing abilities and interviewing skills, must be organized, creative, flexible and able to think on their feet. Prior broadcast hosting experience a must. Knowledge of and passion for sales a plus! The Hosts will also be responsible for Digital and Social Media content related to the show. The ability to work well with Sales, Production, Creative Services and Engineering is a must. Also, a flexible schedule is key with a clean driving record.
• Candidates must be a strong field reporter with excellent live abilities. Needs to perform duties and make decisions under extreme pressure.
• Must be an effective writer with good organizational skills.
• Must have experience in researching through the internet, must have experience working with a computer based news system.
• Must be able to accept and make changes based on constructive direction and criticism designed to enhance the individual's performance.
• Must have demonstrated understanding the legal implications of covering the news and/or local stories and report in a responsible manner.
• Must be capable of interacting positively and productively with other employees and people in the community.
• Business/Journalism College degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects to isolate pertinent facts and details
• Determines a story's emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories to be able to provide complete and accurate information
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas
• Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions
• Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements
• Shoots and edits
• Produces and presents reports for all platforms
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned