This was removed by the employer on 6/20/2022 8:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Executive Producer jobs in Sacramento-CA
Search all Executive Producer postings
Full Time Job
KTXL/FOX40 News is seeking an experienced, creative, and passionate Executive Producer for our 5pm-8pm newscast. You will lead our evening team in a highly competitive environment, with lots of breaking news, from severe weather to wildfires and everything in-between.
The ideal candidate is an expert at showcasing, tease writing and producing a memorable newscast with depth and detail, not just a fast-paced, high story count show.
You must be a critical thinker, with excellent news judgement and decision-making skills.
You should also possess strong interpersonal skills, understand how to recruit new producers, and enjoy the coaching/mentoring aspects of this position.
• Oversee content, format, and production of 5pm-8pm newscast; assist with other evening shows, as needed
• Supervise evening news coverage, ensuring aggressive, competitive, successful product
• Collaborate with anchors, reporters, producers, writers, assignment editors, photographers, and other team members to ensure newscasts are highly produced, teases are strong, and content matches the station brand
• Execute strategies and tactics that engage and grow audiences on all platforms
• Provide timely feedback for producers, associate producers, and writers, coaching them to improve their skills and learn new ones
• Assist in identifying, recruiting, and coaching future producers
• Provide support for special projects and special programming outside of regularly scheduled newscasts; produce newscasts when necessary
• Schedule producers, associate producers, writers
• Conduct performance reviews
• Must be a self-starter and hard worker with a great attitude, who is versatile, efficient, and able to multi-task under extreme deadline pressure
• Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
• Proficiency with state-of-the art newsgathering and production equipment including digital editing systems, graphic technologies, and video transfer platforms
• 5 years-experience producing compelling newscasts in a major market or 3 years as executive producer in a mid/major market
• Detail oriented
• Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills
• College degree or equivalent in journalism/communications or broadcasting preferred