Director Of Sales
NexstarColorado Spring, CO
This was removed by the employer on 9/20/2021 11:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Director Of Sales jobs in Colorado Spring-CO
Search all Director Of Sales postings
Full Time Job
Nexstar Media Inc., America's largest local broadcasting company, is seeking an experienced and dynamic Director of Sales to lead its sales operation in Colorado Springs, CO, DMA# 82. In this role, the Director of Sales will have full oversight over Nexstar's sales operations at KXRM-FOX, KXTU-CW, as well as the station's digital, mobile and social media assets. Responsible for delivering best in class sales performance, and expansion into critical regional key accounts and channels in line with Nexstar's vision and values.
Nexstar is searching for an accomplished leader with a proven performance record of revenue and share growth, new business development, innovative solution-based selling, and non-traditional revenue development along with best-in-class client services and unparalleled client relationships. Ability to build partnerships and develop deep commitment to community engagement and service are fundamental requirements.
Additionally, the successful candidate will have demonstrated effective marketing solutions and results across multiple platforms, promoting teamwork within all departments associated with sales and a proven record of success in sales efficiencies and the ability to overcome obstacles in the sales process. The successful candidate must be effective in collaborating with department heads, staff members and promoting teamwork within all areas of station operations.
Situated at the foot of the Rocky Mountains and boasting 300 days of sunshine per year, Colorado Springs was ranked #4 on the best places to live in the United States by U.S. News & World Report 2021.
Additional Job Description
• Provides leadership for the broadcast/digital sales teams.
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluating, promoting and terminating of employees.
• Manages recruitment, Training, evaluation, and development of sales professionals.
• Develops and cultivates client relationships alongside Account Executives.
• Create unique and customized media plans for high profile buyers leveraging Nexstar Digital's full suite of products including television and digital products and sponsorships.
• Meet and exceed sales quota leveraging Nexstar's growing suite of products.
• Ability to manage a client pipeline and project revenue utilizing a CRM.
• Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, new business and digital revenue.
• Drives new business development.
• Manages inventory and revenue forecasting.
• Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures.
• Manages Accounts Receivable.
• Communicate efficiently both externally and internally across multiple teams.
• Ability to credibly influence decision makers and develop tailored solutions.
• Highly organized, with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a team-oriented collaborative fashion.
• Willingness to take on additional opportunities as company expands.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 3+ years of management experience in selling TV, Video and Digital.
• Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and an excellent team player.
• Familiarity in using Microsoft Office suite of products, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency.
• Valid Driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Willing to travel.
• Experience selling across multiple advertising products.
• Fluency in ad technology and video advertising with strong communication and presentation skills.
• Self-starter capable of flourishing in high-growth environments.
• Energy and passion for growing a digital video advertising business.
• Demonstrated track record of revenue growth.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating personnel, including setting and monitoring performance standards.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help other to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Proficiency with Wide Orbit Traffic/Media Sales, Strata, Matrix, Nielsen and ComScore preferred.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment.
Pay & Benefits
• Salary and Commission totaling $150k-$185k
• The position offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package, including group health & dental, paid time off, 401(k) and more.