Director, Digital Content
NexstarLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/28/2021 7:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Director, Digital Content jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director, Digital Content postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Digital Content?
Full Time Job
BestReviews.com, a division of Nexstar Media Group, is the best source for product recommendations on the internet. Our mission is to simplify purchasing decisions, helping the everyday consumer find products that make life better and easier. We have partnerships that allow our content to be seen on top sites like those of the Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News, Nexstar television digital sites and more - and we're growing fast.
As a Director - Digital Content for BestReviews, you will lead our content efforts with a focus on core product review content, social/email strategies, new format and tool development as well as supporting our syndication efforts and team.
This role is full-time based in Los Angeles. Learn more about us here: http://bestreviews.com/about-us
Your primary objective / responsibilities:
• Partner with BR Product Lead to develop our tools to scale content to include all steps are done within the platform and trackable.
• Own the LTV for all content formats and make sure we're managing to a payback number that drives the revenue model for BestReviews.
• Own the quality of all content to ensure it meets the value proposition as established by BestReviews as well as the quality standards met by our partners.
• Set social strategies of BestReviews across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and the developing platforms as well as the management of a social/email manager on the daily execution.
• Work with Syndication Lead and Creative Lead to manage and develop a team of in-house and freelance editors/writers that meets and exceeds the needs of scaling our content both in terms of quality and quantity.
• Work cross-functionally across the organization to make sure the needs and priorities of your team are represented in key conversations such as the product roadmap, financial planning and the overall voice and tone of BestReviews.
• Develop and own the BestReviews process for testing and researching products that adheres to the promise of our value proposition.
• Maintain a comprehensive competitive analysis of our competitors, ensuring that BR keeps pace and evolves as our partners do as well as new players enter the field.
• Own the maintenance and updating of our high revenue library content to ensure that we are maximizing our efforts around those opportunities.
• Highly organized, with excellent time management and communication skills.
• Experience scaling quality and quantity of content through a combination of tools, people and processes.
• Proven experience developing content strategies that include financial modeling, scaling quantity and quality, and overall elements tied from conception to execution.
• Experience using various CMS like Wordpress.
• Passionate about creating amazing content.
• High level of attention to detail with excellent organizational/project management skills.
• A proven ability to multitask and adhere to deadlines.
• Experience creating content or editorial calendars.
• Proactive, adaptable, able to perform well under pressure, and good at problem-solving.
• Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
• BA in Journalism, Communications, or other media-related degree.
• 10 years experience in an editorial leadership role preferably with a web-based media company.
• A mentoring personality - you want to teach what you know, but listen to and support your team so that they can shine.
• Basic HTML or image editing experience.
• E-commerce background with familiarity of major online retailers.