NexstarColorado Spring, CO
This was removed by the employer on 11/16/2020 1:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Search for Chief Engineer jobs in Colorado Spring-CO
Search all Chief Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Chief Engineer? The Chief Engineer oversees the day to day operations of the Engineering Department and is responsible for the maintenance of all broadcast technology and equipment at the station.
This position is responsible for the current and future technical operation of the station and the overall facility. They are responsible for the daily management of broadcast and IT Engineers. They ensure that the KXRM technical facilities operate at the highest quality within the required guidelines and the established budget. They evaluate and recommend new technology to support KXRM operating goals and objectives and in times of technical and/or operational crisis, manage and guiding other station employees to a successful outcome while protecting personnel and hardware. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The Chief Engineer must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Chief Engineer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Additional Information: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
• Manages all aspects of the Engineering Department
• Plans and manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations for the Engineering Department
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion, and termination of employees
• Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station
• Ensures station compliance with FCC rules and regulations, as well as all local, state and federal regulations applicable to the station
• Works with corporate leadership to develop and implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station
• Manages the information technology staff and system
• Assigns projects to staff and verifies that deadlines are being met
• Works with corporate leadership to manage engineering and technology capital projects to the established budgets
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, Technical School or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Candidates should have experience managing a team; developing and tracking goals; managing a budget; executing capital purchases and projects; with engineering experience in a broadcast facility.
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
• Minimum five years' experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment, with at least three year's experience in a leadership role
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines, and other office equipment
• Strong PC/MS Office experience
• Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems, and editing systems
• Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment
• Significant experience evaluating, selecting, installing, servicing and maintaining broadcasting industry equipment and information technology systems
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us! This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.