NexstarColorado Spring, CO
Full Time Job
The Broadcast Engineer operates, maintains, updates and repairs hardware and systems used for broadcasting and business operations.
This job will entail system and component-level maintenance of broadcast microwave and/or satellite receiving equipment, Adobe non-linear editing systems, video encoders, and server-based storage solutions as well as installation, repair, and maintenance of sophisticated digital audio and video broadcast equipment at local or remote sites.
• Provide technical support to end-users as required with a good ''customer service'' attitude.
• Read and understand electronic schematics and system diagrams. Organize and document quality standards, system anomalies, operational procedures, reference materials, and project work.
• Support, diagnose, and troubleshoot studio, production, and digital television systems including RF, video, audio, cameras, switchers, routers, digital video servers, on-air automation, and STL/TSL systems.
• Communicate and collaborate with broadcast equipment vendors and other engineers to install new systems and support existing ones. May act in a lead role or assist in projects.
• Perform general facility maintenance such as basic handyman jobs, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical. Our goal is to keep the station grounds clean and functional.
• Must be able to kneel, lift, and move up to 50lbs. Must be able to work on ladders and work in confined spaces as required in performing job tasks. Prolonged standing may be required.
• Must be able to proficiently drive a 4X4 truck up a snowy mountain road safely and admire the scenic view at the top.
• Perform any other job-related duties as required.
• Qualification/Education and/or Experience Requirements:
• Two-year technical degree, preferably electronics; equivalent education/experience/training is acceptable. Society of Broadcast Engineers certified candidates are preferred.
• Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with audio and video broadcast equipment.
• Solid proficiency with enterprise networking and computer systems in a broadcast environment.
• Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
• A good attitude and willingness to learn is essential.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!