Full Time Job
The Associate Producer is responsible for contributing story ideas; writing stories; organizing them within an energetic and memorable newscast or digital content for the web.
• Assists in writing and production of broadcast or on-line publication
• Contributes to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations
• Order graphics and generate copy for stories, teases and bumps.
• Work closely with Executive Producers, field crews and Assignment Desk to maximize daily resources and appropriately reflect the news of the day.
• Writes, produces and edits material that appeals to target audiences
• Works in the control room during live newscasts and communicates with the production staff and talent.
• Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other information sources
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, TV/film or equivalent experience may substitute
• Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills
• Understand brand building directives
• Interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production, digital and engineering staff
• Detail oriented
• Ability to develop strong news judgment
• Possess journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
• Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media
• Ability to meet quality standards for service & evaluate customer satisfaction