Assistant, News Production
NexstarSan Francisco, CA
Part Time Job
Assistant I, News Production
Nexstar's station, KRON4, the San Francisco Bay Area's Local News Station, seeks an Assignment Editor/ Digital Content Producer who can and wants to be part of a dynamic news program on multi-platforms. Candidate must have excellent journalistic judgement and understands the urgency of news. With a priority on breaking news, must know how to use time efficiently and effectively to provide thorough coverage. Must be an effective decision maker and problem solver who enjoys tackling a challenge. Must be self-starter, creative and not afraid of innovation. This person will have access to various technology resources so understanding and using new computer programs and equipment is imperative. As a power producer, candidate must be a good communicator and ready to be a team leader.
This candidate's responsibilities will include but is not limited to creating newscasts, writing, video desktop editing, creating graphics, and program execution.
This will be a part-time, non-union, non-exempt position.
• Prepare rundowns
• Write news stories for multi-platforms
• Edit, view and approve scripts plus video clips and graphics
• Work the assignment desk
• Use social media to find breaking and trending stories
• Be prepared to dispatch crews for breaking news
• Be able to research stories, make editorial decisions whether reporters should be assigned story
• Communicate clearly and effectively with reporters/anchors, assignment editors, directors, newsroom staff
• Management reserves the discretion to add or modify job duties as required
• 3 – 5 years' experience producing newscasts
• Demonstrate ability to use state of the art, live and graphic technologies, digital editing systems, and to work with writers, reporters and assignment editors on story development
• Knowledge of newsroom computer-based systems helpful: ENPS, Adobe Premiere, BitCentral Oasis/Precis, Chyron Hugo, Google Docs, Latakoo
• College degree or equivalent in journalism/communications or broadcasting preferred
• Must be a self-starter, hard worker, have a great attitude, and be versatile and efficient