Assistant, News Production
NexstarSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/1/2021 4:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Assistant, News Production jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Assistant, News Production postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant, News Production? Assistant I, News Production
Nexstar's station, KRON4, the San Francisco Bay Area's Local News Station, seeks an Assignment Editor/ Digital Content Producer who can and wants to be part of a dynamic news program on multi-platforms. Candidate must have excellent journalistic judgement and understands the urgency of news. With a priority on breaking news, must know how to use time efficiently and effectively to provide thorough coverage. Must be an effective decision maker and problem solver who enjoys tackling a challenge. Must be self-starter, creative and not afraid of innovation. This person will have access to various technology resources so understanding and using new computer programs and equipment is imperative. As a power producer, candidate must be a good communicator and ready to be a team leader.
This candidate's responsibilities will include but is not limited to creating newscasts, writing, video desktop editing, creating graphics, and program execution.
This will be a part-time, non-union, non-exempt position.
• Prepare rundowns
• Write news stories for multi-platforms
• Edit, view and approve scripts plus video clips and graphics
• Work the assignment desk
• Use social media to find breaking and trending stories
• Be prepared to dispatch crews for breaking news
• Be able to research stories, make editorial decisions whether reporters should be assigned story
• Communicate clearly and effectively with reporters/anchors, assignment editors, directors, newsroom staff
• Management reserves the discretion to add or modify job duties as required
• 3 – 5 years' experience producing newscasts
• Demonstrate ability to use state of the art, live and graphic technologies, digital editing systems, and to work with writers, reporters and assignment editors on story development
• Knowledge of newsroom computer-based systems helpful: ENPS, Adobe Premiere, BitCentral Oasis/Precis, Chyron Hugo, Google Docs, Latakoo
• College degree or equivalent in journalism/communications or broadcasting preferred
• Must be a self-starter, hard worker, have a great attitude, and be versatile and efficient This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.