Ad Tech Engineering Lead
NexstarLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Ad Technology Engineering Lead will be a senior member of Nexstar Digital team and responsible for creating customer and business value from the Company's digital inventory and unique data assets. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the Lead will collaborate with other stakeholders including Revenue Operations, Business Intelligence, Data Solutions, Product, Content and Business Development. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and passionate individual with experience in a multi-site, ad-driven environment who operates effectively in both independent and team collaboration settings. He/she should have a strong business acumen and solid technology experience in the digital media industry.
The Lead will be responsible for the architecture and hands-on integration and development efforts required to create and maintain an enterprise-wide ad technology infrastructure across all our digital properties including web, mobile, and OTT systems. The architecture will be a collaboration with Business Intelligence and Data Solutions for predictive ad analysis and targeting to provide meaningful, actionable insights into user and advertiser behavior across our entire network, create system stability, and support the company's revenue partnerships and initiatives. He/She will be responsible for building and/or integrating the solution(s) for leveraging consumer, product, social, market, competitive, and ad data to help drive additional impressions and improved rates that will move Nexstar's digital business into the future .
• Understand the needs of the Nexstar Digital organization and, in response, architect, build/integrate, and maintain an ad platform system that delivers a holistic, data-driven solution to grow revenue
• Act as a technical bridge between PSG and its outsourced ad technology vendors
• Apply system and subject matter expertise to quickly diagnose and fix technical issues hindering ad delivery or revenue generation on digital inventory (including video and mobile)
• Recommend ways to optimize ad infrastructure and improve the quality of real-time signals being passed to programmatic buyers at bid time
• Work with the Business Intelligence and Data Solutions to extract more out of the company's proprietary data assets, help craft new products to empower the revenue teams as appropriate, and build a scalable data infrastructure
• Create synergy between the Order Management system, ad server and programmatic infrastructure
• Establish the short and long-term needs of the ad platform solutions including budget, resource and system requirements, and alliance management strategies required to lead and execute on key projects to solve complex business challenges
• Support the Head of Revenue in formulating and executing a data-driven strategy to optimizing impressions and improving rate performance
• Prepare research, communication materials and presentations for the Nexstar Broadcast and Digital leadership
• 7+ years in ad system architecture, software development, and strategic management in an ad-driven media business
• 5+ years leading a team and managing the work of others. Knowledge or prior experience in media/entertainment or with a direct to consumer streaming service a plus
• Bachelor's degree required with a major in Computer and/or Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
• Demonstrable thought leadership in the technologies that power modern ad solutions for web, mobile, OTT, and live streaming platforms
• Strong cultural and team leadership skills
• Capable of having strategic conversations at the executive level and tactical, technical discussions across teams
• Creative problem-solver with ability to look beyond existing business and technology limitations to identify the ''next thing''
• In depth understanding of all stages of customer acquisition, conversion, and lifetime value
• System knowledge and experience
• DSP solutions including DV360, Amazon, The Trade Desk, and others
• Ad Serving and SSP systems including Ad Manager, AdX, Rubicon, Xander and others
• OMS platforms including WideOrbit, Operative, Adpoint, and others
• Digital Marketing tools for instrumentation and analytics analysis, such as Segment, Google Analytics, Pickaxe, LiveRamp, BlueConic, Datorama, and others
About Nexstar Digital
Nexstar's digital media products and services focus on providing innovative solutions to audiences, clients and any business looking to gain an edge in the shifting digital landscape. Along with Nexstar's dedication to providing local news, entertainment and sports content through its digital platforms, Nexstar Digital's companies provide digital publishing and content management platforms, a video advertising platform, digital agency services and other digital media solutions to publishers and advertisers.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!