Spring Intern - Training, Media Relations
New York YankeesTampa, FL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Publications/Editorial Staff
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time February 13th – March 28th
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
Built upon our storied legacy, the New York Yankees look to attract the best possible talent not just on the field but in the front office as well. It is our shared responsibility to maintain the first-class reputation associated with the franchise in all aspects of our business.
• Compile and distribute news clippings pertaining to the Yankees, George M. Steinbrenner Field, Yankee Stadium and baseball from all Florida and New York metropolitan area newspapers, magazines and websites
• Contribute to daily spring training game notes and produce scorecards, statpacks, rosters and other department materials
• Assist with photo shoots, photo day and setting up GMS Field for various needs
• Assist with media at practices, home games and select road games
• Assist official scorer during home games
• Amicably respond to requests from fans and members of the media involving questions about Yankees' history, statistical information, or other general matters that need attention
• Some administrative duties, such as answering telephones, filing, making copies, etc.
• College graduate is strongly preferred seeing as the job requires attendance every day, including weekends with multiple early start times (5:00 am) each week. Internship is strictly paid, and is NOT available for school credit
• Prior experience working at a professional sports organization or a college sports information department preferred
• Do not include a cover letter when applying
• General baseball knowledge, including ability to keep score and understand statistical information
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
• Experience using Adobe InDesign strongly preferred
• Proven ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
• Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
• Flexible work schedule and ability to work in an outdoor stadium environment for longer than average days
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus
Please include resume and at least one professional reference.
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee. The New York Yankees are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
The New York Yankees require a Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law.