Production Assistant, Scoreboard
New York YankeesBronx, NY
Part Time Job
Production Assistant, Scoreboard (Part-Time)
Department: Technology, Scoreboard & Broadcasting
Reports To: Associate Director, Scoreboard
Job Classification: Hourly
• Stage manager in the crowd for interactive Scoreboard fan features on gameday
• Interact with fans via phone, email, and regular mail for Scoreboard message requests; collect billing information, setup messages in Microsoft Excel, and provide excellent customer service
• Copy and distribute rundowns and scripts to gameday staff
• Log game tapes and game melts on gameday and non-gameday
• Locate and dub video footage from archives for editors and producers
• Migrate and log extensive historical video archives from tape to hard drives
• Assist in basic editing of video features and still graphics for Scoreboard
• Assist in basic photo editing and player cut-outs
• Assist in moderating social media fan photos/posts for in-Stadium Scoreboard display
• Assist in producing, writing, and editing daily pre-game ''tease'' videos and minor league reports
• Help import, label, log, transcribe, and organize raw interview and b-roll shoot footage
• Other basic video production and office management-related tasks, as assigned
• Proficient computer skills
• Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills
• Previous experience with Avid editing systems, Adobe Photoshop and After Effects, and general control room video equipment strongly preferred
• Ability to interact and communicate with individuals on all levels, in both written and verbal form
• High attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of Major League Baseball and the New York Yankees required
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Fast-paced, sports stadium environment
• Flexible work schedule and ability to work long hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The hourly rate for this role is $15.00/hour.
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee. The New York Yankees is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
The New York Yankees require a Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law.