Editor / Publications Assistant
New York YankeesBronx, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/11/2023 3:55:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Editor / Publications Assistant jobs in Bronx-NY
Search all Editor / Publications Assistant postings
Part Time Job
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Publications/Editorial Staff
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
Built upon our storied legacy, the New York Yankees look to attract the best possible talent not just on the field but in the front office as well. It is our shared responsibility to maintain the first-class reputation associated with the franchise in all aspects of our business.
The Part-Time Editor/Publications Assistant will assist the editorial staff with basic editing duties along with fact-checking for Yankees Magazine and other Yankees publications. A significant part of this position will also include providing customer service to existing and potential subscribers through our designated phone line. The ideal candidate will balance these primary duties to ensure timely completion of department projects and stories. The expected schedule is approximately 30 hours per week and will be on-site.
• Edit and fact-check stories for Yankees Magazine and other publications as assigned
• Answer incoming calls on phone line dedicated to publications sales call center; process orders for subscriptions and other purchases
• Write front-of-book and other roundup content as needed
• Write short biographies of players/coaches for team's annual yearbook
• Other administrative duties as assigned, including maintenance of digital archives, storage space and record-keeping
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, English or related field
• Knowledge of AP style
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Flexible work schedule
• Strong attention to detail and high level of organization
The hourly rate for this position is $17/hour.
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee. The New York Yankees are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
The New York Yankees require a Covid-19 vaccination (when eligible) as a condition of employment for this role, subject to exception under applicable law.