Coordinator, Corporate / Community Relations
New York YankeesBronx, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/30/2023 4:18:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Publicity/PR Category
Search for Coordinator, Corporate / Community Relations jobs in Bronx-NY
Search all Coordinator, Corporate / Community Relations postings
Full Time Job
DEPARTMENT: Corporate/Community Relations
REPORTS TO: Director, Corporate/Community Relations
JOB STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Built upon our storied legacy, the New York Yankees look to attract the best possible talent not just on the field but in the front office as well. It is our shared responsibility to maintain the first-class reputation associated with the franchise in all aspects of our business.
The Coordinator, Corporate/Community Relations will be responsible for engaging with the Bronx business community and Minority Women-Owned and Local Business Enterprises (''MWLBE'') to establish long-term relations with the local community and the New York Yankees. This role will serve as the Yankees' primary contact and liaison to Bronx and NYC based businesses, MWLBEs, and the local minority and female workforce.
• Facilitate the engagement of local businesses and MWLBEs with the Yankees to establish and develop long-term business relationships. Responsible for coordinating initial intake and providing support to businesses seeking to engage with the Yankees.
• Partner with local leaders to build community-wide strategies to support businesses and MWLBEs.
• Provide application assistance to MWLBEs seeking certification under external programs operated by Federal, State, and City government agencies and affiliates.
• Produce and deliver communications about opportunities to partner with the Yankees, including personal contacts with vendors and associations, organizing forums and meetings, and distributing information such as advertisements, mailings, and newsletters.
• Maintain analytical data on the organization's engagement with the business community and quantify related impact, both individually and collectively.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Community Relations department.
• Prior experience in MWLBE programs and Bronx/NYC community affairs is required.
• Four-year college degree in Business, Marketing, Banking/Finance, Government, or a related field preferred.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities, with a high level of organization and attention to detail.
• Flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays, and ability to work in an outdoor stadium environment and travel to local businesses.
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the employee. The New York Yankees are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
The New York Yankees require a Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law.
The base annual salary for this position is $50,000 – $55,000, plus a comprehensive benefits package.