Associate, Baseball Operations
New York YankeesBronx, NY
Full Time Job
Description: This position is a rigorous 12-month program geared to prepare entry level candidates for a career within the Baseball Operations industry.
• Coordinate and prepare advance scouting material for the New York Yankees
• Support the Baseball Operations and Pro Scouting staffs with daily logistical tasks
• Chart select games from video, as well as execute additional video projects
• Introductory level player evaluation
• Assist with various research tasks
• Data collection and entry
• Administrative tasks as assigned
• Bachelor's degree required
• Experience working with BATS coaching system
• Must be able to recognize pitch types and know how to score a baseball game
• General understanding of MLB rules and regulations
• Detail oriented and organized
• Strong verbal communication and collaborative skills
• Experience working with video and in baseball
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee. The New York Yankees is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
• How did you hear about this job?
• What is the earliest date that you are available to start the Associate program?
• What are your favorite statistics for evaluating baseball players?
• What are your favorite baseball-related websites, books, or podcasts?
• Who do you think are the five best starting pitchers in MLB right now?
• Do you have any previous baseball or softball experience? Please provide specific examples.
• Will you now or in the future need visa sponsorship status to lawfully work in the United States?