Assistant, Social Media
New York YankeesBronx, NY
Part Time Job
Assistant, Social Media (Part-Time)
Department: Digital & Social Content
Reports To: Manager, Digital & Social Content
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Part-Time
Built upon our storied legacy, the Yankees look to attract the best possible talent not just on the field but in the front office as well. It is our shared responsibility to maintain the first-class reputation associated with the franchise in all aspects of our business.
Our Social Media Assistant will contribute to and support the Digital & Social Content department during the baseball season. The ideal candidate has an in-depth understanding of how social media impacts business operations and how this engagement can be maximized and amplified for the Yankees audience. This is a paid position and school credit is not available.
• Develop creative content for the New York Yankees' TikTok channel, utilizing a strong understanding of TikTok and its trends
• Contribute to daily social media postings, including copywriting, photo & video editing, and content tracking
• Assist with community management on social platforms, including responding to direct messages and fan questions
• Social media monitoring in TweetDeck for key topics
• Assist with Player Development Twitter postings, including updates and content from Minor League affiliates & the Alternate Site
• Assist with social media analytics and data tracking
• In-game photo and video sorting to distribute to players for their personal social media usage
• Work with other departments to help activate their own promotions and needs on social media, including Sponsorship, Ticket Sales, Marketing & Promotions, Community Relations, and Yankee Stadium Events
• Monitor daily game notes and pull important or exciting stats to use for pre-game or in-game graphics for upcoming milestones
• Prior experience working in social media strongly preferred
• Excellent understanding and comprehension of main social platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, and YouTube
• College degree is preferred but not required
• General baseball knowledge, including ability to keep score and understand statistical information (knowledge about the New York Yankees is a plus)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Docs
• Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, and After Effects preferred
• Proven ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
• Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
• Flexible work schedule and ability to work in an outdoor stadium environment, including possibly nights and weekends, and occasionally longer than average days
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus
The hourly rate for this role is $20.00/hour.
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee. The New York Yankees are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
The New York Yankees require a Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law.