New York City BalletNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Archivist, Media jobs in New York-NY
Marketing & Media Department
Lincoln Center, New York City
The Archivist, Media is responsible for overseeing the archival, cataloguing, meta-tagging, and preservation of digital assets in two distinct libraries - Artistic and Marketing. The position reports to the Director, Media and will play a role in the development of policies and procedures for digital asset management, support the artistic and promotional activities of the Company, and will work closely with all facets of the institution to preserve its artistic history and legacy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain two distinct asset libraries - Artistic and Marketing - that are intuitive, searchable, and comprehensive
• Establish and maintain file-naming conventions and metadata standards for both libraries
• Define, implement, and manage metadata standards that are robust, scalable, and user-friendly
• Handle and process incoming archival video captures from NYCB performances; apply all appropriate meta-tags and catalogue information and store in the master performance footage Artistic Library
• Ensure accurate ingesting, logging, organizing, tagging of past and current media team files into the Marketing Library, establishing that all projects are backed up
• Process project archives in the Marketing Library, including file transfers, renaming assets, and reconnecting media
• Assist with overseeing Marketing Library performance captures
• Short-from editing duties, pulling excerpts, and delivering to internal clients as needed in a timely manner from both the Artistic and Media libraries
• Assist administrative teams, in conjunction with Editor & Post-Production Coordinator, Media, with retrieval, exporting, and uploading Marketing Library video clips for website, press, advertising, social media and other misc purposes
• Maintain all archival rules, as established by union contract parameters for both libraries, regarding distribution, access, and copying restrictions
• Respond to requests from authorized NYCB users, including artistic directors, repertory directors, dancers, and choreographers for copies of requested ballets from the Artistic Archive by copying a lo-res version of the master file and sending it to the VOD (Video on Demand) system or Google drive as appropriate.
• Burn DVDs for internal use as needed.
• Maintain the Artistic Library VOD system and Google drive such that obsolete material is deleted, and capacity limits are not exceeded
• Manage the user permissions in the VOD and Google drive systems for the Artistic Library
• Work with the IT department on periodic database tuning, backups, and software upgrades to the Artistic Library VOD system
• Provide assistance to Editor & Post-Production Coordinator, Media to catalog and manage media team hard drives
• Assist with managing media team server structure
• Assist with other Marketing & Media department duties as needed
• Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience as an archivist or digital asset manager, MLIS or MSI a plus
• Command of digital media asset management principles and best practices for managing, storing and maintaining digital assets
• Experience with metadata tagging, EditShare MAM System a plus
• Experience with editing and post-production software in Premiere Pro a plus
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
• Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills, with a command of English grammar, composition, and proofing
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team, and to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
• Highest degree of care and discretion in the handling and distribution of content
• Understanding of digital cinema cameras and post-production workflows a plus
• Experience with Airtable a plus
• Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and/or weekends
• A demonstrated interest in the arts/culture, ballet and/or NYCB a plus
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. The hours of work are typically between 10 AM and 6 PM weekdays; additional hours may be required on a departmental need.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to: o Office setting
NOTE: New York City Ballet has a vaccine policy that requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19. A medical or religious exemption to this policy may be granted if a reasonable accommodation exists that will enable the employee to perform the essential functions of the job. Exemptions or reasonable accommodations are not guaranteed.
• Compensation to match your experience and qualifications
• A competitive benefits package including health and dental insurance
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account Programs
• Generous paid time off policy including holidays, floating holidays/personal days, sick and vacation time
• A new hybrid in-office/remote work pilot program, for positions that qualify, beginning Fall 2021.
• Highest moral character and integrity
• Enthusiasm, commitment and a positive attitude
• Flexibility and dependability
• A collaborative, team-oriented work ethic
Employment is subject to the completion of due-diligence inquiries, including a background check which will take place after a conditional offer is made.
EOE. Interested, qualified candidates may apply by forwarding their resume and salary requirements with ''Archivist, Media'' in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.