Web Series Editor (Contract)
New Sky PicturesAustin, TX
Full Time Job
WEB SERIES EDITOR (CONTRACT)
New Sky Pictures is seeking an in-house editor well-versed with Premiere and simple VFX work in After Effects to help create fun, engaging short-form content for, New Sky Kids, one of the top kids channels on YouTube with nearly 2 million subscribers internationally.
Our channel consists primarily of episodic narratives, structured improv, and unscripted reality game shows geared toward kids ages 6-10. The editor must be able to work in collaboration with our creative manager to achieve a high-quality final product that reflects the whimsical and kid-friendly tone consistent across our videos. The editor should have experience working with narrative content and include samples of their work that demonstrate their technical skills, storytelling ability, versatility, rhythm, and comedic timing when applying for the position.
We keep a fast, upbeat pace, and have a fun, positive office atmosphere populated by generous, kind artists who adhere to very humane hours.
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
We are currently producing a light-hearted children's series (18 episodes) about first responders acted by child actors, with episodes ranging from 8-11 minutes each. Every show has its own unique world, characters and style, so an editor's ability to adapt and mimic the established style and tone of a given series is key.
- Edit full episodes on a regular basis, including sound mixing and color correction
- Help create simple VFX to augment the story
- Maintain frequent correspondence with our creative manager through the editing process to receive and implement notes in a thorough and timely manner
- Be attentive to detail both in observing and executing the established editing style of the project
- Achieve an excellent final product that reflects the tone, style and values of the New Sky Kids brand
- Maintain a high level of organization with all project files and media elements
- 3 years of editing experience
- Work samples that demonstrate technical skills, storytelling ability, rhythm, comedic timing and tone
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including a working knowledge of audio and color correcting tools
- Has a great sense of story timing and how to edit in an engaging way
- Demonstrates an ability to time things to music in a way that keeps the story moving
- An understanding of kids and the type of content that engages them
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Deadline oriented and able to complete good work on tight schedules
- An ability to adapt to our processes, expectations, and workflows
August 5 - October 4, 2019
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
New Sky Pictures is committed to producing inspirational and aspirational content for kids that models positive values and behavior while being fun and engaging. We firmly believe that every kid has a hero inside them, which we try to illuminate and cultivate across everything we do. A family-owned business, we lead with our heart, and hold our values above all else. We cultivate a high energy, creative environment of positivity and real joy. We truly like people and see the good in them, and love helping them see it in themselves. If this excites you and you want to work hard and help us build something amazing, keep reading. We'd be happy to hear from you.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and reel no later than Friday, July 19, 2019. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online