New Line ProductionsBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/27/2021 3:39:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Advertising Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Department Assistant jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Department Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Department Assistant? Warner Bros. Pictures Group (WBPG) produces, markets and distributes Warner Bros.' slate of approximately 20 movies a year, including films from New Line Cinema. Our movies have generated industry-leading box office results and have won multiple Academy Awards in recent years. Warner Bros. Pictures is a global leader in the international marketing and distribution of feature films, operating in more than 30 countries and releasing films in more than 120 territories.
New Line Productions, Inc. seeks a Department Assistant for the Theatrical Creative Executive department who will provide administrative and clerical support to two (2) Production Creative Development Directors.
• Arranges executive calendar or schedules meetings, independently or as directed.
• Reads scripts and provides coverage at the executive's discretion.
• Types and organizes story notes, production notes, post-production notes and various other development material.
• Answers telephone and screens, logs & places calls.
• Corresponds on behalf of the executive on day to day matters.
• Designs various data systems to track relevant information (submissions, competitive projects, etc.)
• Prepares and follows through on expense reports.
• Coordinates international & domestic travel & hotel accommodations.
• Compiles writer, director & actor lists for projects at supervisor's discretion.
• Maintains various files, records, indexes, & logs.
• Responds to inquiries, orders supplies and handles specific assignments.
• Greets talent, creative staff & executives.
• Makes photocopies documents & other materials.
• Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
• Previous administrative assistant experience preferred.
• Previous experience in motion picture creative development at a studio or agency preferred.
• Typing at 60 wpm and proficiency with Word required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, MAC and In Entertainment.
• Proficiency in Fastnotes preferred.
• Must have knowledge of file set-up, maintenance, filing procedures, basic math, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and English usage, report & letter formats.
• Must have ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone.
• Must have ability to maintain composure and efficiency while working with heavy phones and constant interruptions.
• Must have ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must have ability to organize, prioritize and schedule work effectively.
• Must have ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be flexible, personable and able to interact with all levels of personnel.
• Must be able to work some overtime as needed.
• Strong interest in scripts and general film knowledge preferred.
• Familiarity with agents/agencies, producers and film community in general preferred.
• Working knowledge of Feature Writers and Directors strongly desired.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.