Workers Compensation Specialist
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/6/2022 11:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Workers Compensation Specialist jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Workers Compensation Specialist postings
Full Time Job
Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited original and licensed movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. It's a great time to join our team and as Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more.
We are seeking a Workers Compensation Specialist to assist our growing Risk Management team. In this exciting role, you will work on all aspects of our global Corporate and Production workers' compensation self-insured and insured programs. The successful candidate will have prior workers' compensation claims experience with either an employer, carrier, or broker. It is preferred that this experience has been in a production insurance setting within the entertainment industry. This candidate must be highly organized, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and enthusiastic.
The duties of this position also include supporting the day-to-day administrative tasks of the team. This will include answering phones, emails, scheduling. This is a demanding and fast-paced role that requires curiosity and significant initiative. They will report to the Sr.Workers' Compensation Manager.
• Collaborate cross functionally between the internal Netflix internal teams, productions, and external partners e.g: TPA, broker, doctors, vendors, and payroll company.
• Answers the dedicated work comp phone line, assists with calls or call routing to the appropriate person.
• Coordinates team calendars, meetings, travel, and production kickoffs.
• Reviews the team email and coordinates incident triage with cross functional partners upon receipt to ensure integrity of all forms and documentation submitted through our RMIS system, Origami.
• Reports all claims to the third party administrator via our reporting platform, Origami.
• Creation/coordination of reports for our team and cross functional partners e.g: (Safety, Production HR, Legal, & Corporate).
• Manages incoming invoices, reviews for accuracy and timely payment.
• Coordinates receipt, distribution, mailing, and uploading of signed agreements internally and externally.
• Assists in managing med-only and lost time workers' compensation claims globally.
• Initiates and maintains self-insured certifications.
• Coordinates all functions/maintenance of internal Netflix applications.
• Manages subpoena requests and assists with collecting all supporting documentation.
• Maintains flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as needed.
• 3-5 years of workers' compensation experience, preferably in an insurance entertainment setting.
• Knowledge of workers' compensation laws of multiple states to include CA, GA, & NY. Other jurisdictions are a plus.
• Self-insured workers compensation certification is a plus.
• Collaborate inclusively - Partner with team members and authentically recognize, understand, and appreciate differences, and connect across these differences by being mutually adaptive.
• Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; positive attitude and never settling for ''good enough'' are key, along with fitting into our unique company culture.
• Adaptable - You have to be comfortable in an ever-changing eco-system of production, finance, and insurance issues and projects.
• Must have a high level of organization, the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
• Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet manner.
• Must be highly proficient in report creation.
• Proficient in various RMIS systems e.g: Origami
• Proficient in G Suite and Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of HTML/coding is a plus
• Bachelor's Degree preferred