Visual Communications Manager, Korean Originals
Full Time Job
Visual Communications Manager, Korean Originals - APAC
Do you love entertainment? Are you an avid fan of TV series, film and documentaries? Does going behind-the-scenes of an action-packed stunt sequence get your adrenaline pumping? Are you unapologetically guilty of flipping through your favorite magazines, captivated by the photos?
The Visual Communications Manager, Korean Originals - APAC will lead strategic marketing and publicity campaigns, driven by creative materials - photography, making-of videos, clips, etc. They will be a member of a small, seasoned group of professionals based in the company's Seoul office, working across a range of titles produced by Netflix, including our Korean original series and films.
The role requires a high level of creativity, an inquisitive personality and a strong project management background. The Visual Communications team has the enviable position of straddling two worlds in the entertainment industry: asset creation & global marketing communications strategy. We specialize in capturing and creating photo & video assets that shape, enhance and support our publicity campaigns for our Netflix Original content including series, films, and documentaries.
This role works across photo and creative content, utilizing knowledge of TV/film productions, talent/filmmaker relations, and publicity events as part of the Netflix title marketing team. A successful candidate is someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, but still be able to see the big picture. They must have a strong project management background and be able to strategically plan and execute across multiple projects simultaneously. This candidate must be extremely well-organized, creative, a succinct communicator, a team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment. They must be self-motivated, possess integrity and able to work autonomously across multiple teams. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and drive their colleagues to do the same.
of the role include:
• Develop and execute both a global and local strategy per title, to capture, produce and utilize creative material to enhance and support the earned media campaign from pre-production through post-launch
• Oversee a slate of projects that can include several original titles produced in Korea in various phases of their campaigns at one time
• Drive internal and external communication with cross-functional partners at Netflix as well as filmmakers and talent reps
• Hire and oversee unit photographers and video crews, including script and schedule review and communication with production
• Produce strong creative materials that shape and enhance the overall creative campaign
• Oversee photography and video needs for premieres, events and photo shoots
Skills and Requirements:
• Strong eye for producing visual assets that support earned media & editorial campaigns
• Well-connected across Korea's photography and video industry, preferably on the entertainment side.
• Understanding of copyright laws, usage licenses and embargoes
• Strong knowledge in digital file specs & size formats
• Knowledge of Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Premiere Pro is preferred
• Business level fluency in Korean and English is required
• Ability to travel as necessary to locations where our titles are filming throughout Korea as well as to other international offices for meetings with partners throughout Asia and the world.
Here at Netflix, we don't have rules and regulations. We hire adults who act responsibly with the resources and freedom they are given to do their work, and we expect high performance in return. The ideal candidate for this role will serve as the expert on the titles they manage and be able to convey cultural needs and nuances that impact the global campaign.
The ideal candidate is curious and also contributes effectively outside of their speciality. They can articulate what they are - and are not - trying to do. They are a good listener and a real doer, able to multitask and work quickly. They can meet deadlines, formulate and manage budgets, and give visibility into their process successfully.
A good fit in the role has a candid and direct communication style, they are willing to admit to mistakes quickly and question values inconsistent with our values and Netflix culture. They understand that sometimes the job requires delivering bad news, and they're tactful in handling such issues.
Ability to speak and write fluently for business in both English and Korean is required.
The successful candidate for Visual Communications Manager, Korean Originals - APAC will have at least 8 years of entertainment experience at a network, studio, distribution, production company or journalism setting. College degree is required.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, comprehensive benefits and relocation.
This job is based in Seoul and reports to the Head of Visual Communications - APAC, based in Singapore.