VFX Manager, International Originals - S. Korea
Full Time Job
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative. This role will report to the Director VFX APAC.
• Working with Production teams, Studio Creative Executives, and Finance during pre-production, production and post-production
• Analyzing scripts, developing VFX breakdowns & budgets and collaborating with Netflix Physical and Post-Production Managers in region
• Providing recommendations and feedback on VFX scope of work and feasibility.
• Building new and maintaining existing relationships with vendors/talent in region
• Technical understanding of the visual effects process including 4K pipelines as well as emerging technologies for improving workflows.
• Help maintain a weekly reporting system for transparency of progress with cross-functional partners
• Minimum 5 years experience as a VFX Producer or VFX Associate Producer
• Repeat experience with bids/breakdowns and overall scope assessment
• Demonstrated success managing multiple projects at different points of production
• Previous on-set experience favorable and will be likely in this role
• Comfortable in highly volatile and creative environments
• Familiarity with databases, Google Apps and other task tracking methods
• Candidate must be bilingual English/Korean with high proficiency and writing skills in both
• This position is based in S Korea
• Must be available to travel between S Korea, LA and Singapore