User Experience Prototyper
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause, and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
You're a creative technologist, who is equally passionate about engineering, human-centered design and innovation. You balance a passion for engineering and design by creating highly functional and emotionally resonant user experiences with a strong desire to understand user behavior.
Using your full range of prototyping and product thinking skills, you build interactive prototypes that explore new product ideas with designers and engineers to inform the future of our product.
You love making design concepts tangible, helping to validate designs to understand how interactions behave end-to-end along user journeys. You build prototypes to validate design concepts during the upfront design iteration phase, help shape strategic decisions, and for use in field research to test and validate ideas with users. You act as the bridge to our engineering and algo teams to ensure design intent is met and balanced with technical feasibility. You help imagine new product experiences that can bring our shows and movies to life.
What You'll Do
• Collaborate with product design, engineering, algorithm engineers, and research partners to create interactive prototypes, ranging from reference to fully functional prototypes.
• Iterate quickly to explore and validate product features and concepts.
• Set up prototypes to shape UX strategy and live qualitative, usability research sessions, and iterate based on observations.
• Be a bridge to engineering and algo teams during the productization phase to provide a prototype as a ''living spec'' that demonstrates the design intent and functionality or to advise on how to technically achieve a desired effect.
• Explore prototypes for multi-device interactions (second-screen experiences).
• Contribute new ideas and creative solutions.
• Seek out feedback on your projects, and provide candid feedback to your peers.
• Stay on top of new UI technologies, product design, ML-powered design and best practices with partner teams and within the industry.
• 5 years of experience as a front-end engineer or creative technologist prototyping UX or building consumer-facing products across web, mobile and/or TV
• Agency or in-house consumer product experience
• Expert front-end development skills with a focus on interaction design, animation, performance, and immersive experiences
• Experience prototyping for Web, Mobile or other UI technologies. TV a plus.
• Degree in computer science, interaction, human factors or relevant experience
• Experience with modern frameworks (e.g. React, React Native)
• Experience building or consuming APIs and familiarity with web and cloud infrastructure
• Proficient with design tools like Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
• A good understanding of interaction and user experience design best practices and workflows.
• Track record of collaborating with Product Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, and Researchers
• Dedicated to learning new prototyping technologies as they emerge
• Experience across the entire product lifecycle (lived through multiple launches)
• Experience with usability research
• A strong bias towards action
• Proactively identify opportunities/solutions
• A self-starter mindset
• Thriving in ambiguity
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate the rationale behind your decisions
• An insatiable curiosity for design, user experience and products powered by machine learning
• Exhibit inclusive values
• A passion for entertainment, filmmaking, and storytelling