UI Artist, Games Studio
This was removed by the employer on 10/17/2023 9:41:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Video Game Category
Search for UI Artist, Games Studio jobs in Remote-CA
Search all UI Artist, Games Studio postings
Full Time Job
Netflix is building a new internal game studio to incubate and build a new class of hilarious, social party video games.
We're seeking a talented UI artist who is passionate about making rich and dynamic visuals that enhance the player experience. A successful candidate excels at creating beautiful UI assets, menus, HUD elements, and 2D game art, and has a keen eye for kinetic motion graphics. On our small team, versatility is paramount. We're looking for someone who can create the source art, mock up how it animates, and then collaborate with designers and engineers to bring their work to life. Our ideal candidate is also UX-minded, able to plan out intuitive layouts with clean composition and a natural flow from screen to screen.
You'll be joining a small, scrappy team with big ambitions, and an obsession to create memorable game moments that leave players telling their own stories for years to come. We're looking for new teammates who care deeply about the experiences they create and the people they make them with. Those who bias towards action and are energized by the learning that comes with bold experimentation at an agile pace. As a part of Netflix, we strive to hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration. Now is an amazing time to join Netflix Game Studio as we seek to entertain our 200 million paid members in a really new way.
• Assets - Create final UI assets that will live on top of our game environments
• Animation - Use art tools to clearly demonstrate the intended transitions and kinetic motion design of your UI elements
• Graybox - Create UI mockups that block out layouts and composition
• Menus - Work closely with designers to map out the flow of our game menus
• Accessibility - Collaborate with the rest of the team to improve usability and accessibility
• Collaboration - Provide and receive creative/team feedback, ''yes, and'' others' creative contributions, and provide clear creative goals with specific outcomes
• 3 years experience as a UI artist with at least 1 shipped title
• Good knowledge of UX design with the ability to visualize the game holistically
• Experienced with Unity and able to create Unity assets and prefabs
• Experienced with art tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, After Effects, etc.
• Experienced with animation and motion design
• Well-rounded design knowledge and a strong sense of current visual styles
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong traditional illustration skills
• Familiarity with video and board games that are in the social party space
• A strong sense of humor in your work
• Los Angeles Preferred/Remote
As part of the application process, please provide a portfolio link or work samples with your application so that we can review your work.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $100,000 - $215,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.