Travel & Expense Senior Manager, LATAM
NetflixMexico City, MX
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
This dual role will provide support to our Travel and Expense organization to support our LATAM employees, candidates, production and publicity stakeholders as well as leadership over our Travel and Expense shared services team in Mexico City. The ideal candidate is someone that has a solid foundation of travel, corporate card and expense reimbursement workflows and someone who is strong in developing strong cross-functional relationships. This person will appreciate the need to create global consistency for our travel and expense related services but also ensure LATAM regional and local nuances are accounted for. In addition, this person will need to be able to work in an ambiguous environment and embrace the nuances of Netflix culture and how it applies to Travel and Expense.
This role will dual report into the Global Travel & Expense Director and LATAM CFO and dual leadership over the team based in Mexico City.
• Partner closely with UCAN, APAC, EMEA travel, charter and expense teams to ensure alignment on global strategy with regional and local nuances to the programs and support for the Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and also onboard future countries in the LATAM region. Our offices are located in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Colombia.
• Drive strategy for the LATAM region, partner closely with the Regional CFO to provide actionable insights for the business to continue to optimize cost savings.
• Lead, influence and drive operational excellence within our Global Shared Services team.
• Create and manage strategic cross functional partnerships with Tax, Accounting, Mobility/Relocation, Recruiting, Engineering, Production, Publicity, Executives and EAs in the region. Ensure the needs of these partnerships are met.
• Drive adoption for our travel and corporate card programs for employee, production and publicity. Partner with SP&A to develop dashboards and reporting metrics to assist in managing the program and sharing progress with leadership.
• Partner with global sourcing partners for global air, hotel and ground transportation providers and add local and regional nuances and input in order to better support the LATAM region.
• Partner with Employee Services, HRBP and Travel & Expense teams for new hire onboarding, continued training curriculum and communications.
Projects and Operational:
• Develop a deep understanding and become a subject matter expert for our travel and expense tools.
• Continuous evaluation and assessment of travel payment types to ensure streamlining of financial reconciliations and maximizing Netflix rebates and incentives.
• Own the Citibank relationship for your specific region.
• Lead regional implementations for new forms of payment, corporate card programs and Workday file feeds (T&E and P-Card)
• Develop and deliver educational material for employee consumption.
• Ad hoc reporting requests and investigations.
• Subject matter expert for TripActions and Workday tooling.
Qualities We're Looking For:
• The successful candidate for this role will have 10 years of leadership and strategic experience managing teams in LATAM and solid relationships with global team members. Management experience in shared services is a plus.
• English and Spanish skills. Portuguese is a plus.
• Managing financials, budgets and program management data and analytics
• Systems familiarity, preferably online tooling, Workday or similar Expense systems, Tableau and other 3rd party tools
• Experience in working with global credit card providers
• Strong project management skills
• Able to function effectively as a part of a loosely coupled but highly-aligned team
• Flexible, with the ability to pivot and adjust to the needs of the team's you support
• Excels in internal customer service
• Relationship builder - Ability to cultivate strong cross functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners
• Innovation - Enthusiasm for improving and enhancing systems and workflows (learn the existing process and then build/challenge it to better scale for growth while providing meaningful reporting to our business partners)
• Leadership - success in managing and growing a team and working in an ambiguous environment
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.
As Netflix continues its international growth expansion, finance and operational complexities are also growing. There are new challenges we're facing, and there's plenty of fun we're having. Come be a part of it and help make a positive impact!