Transportation Compliance Coordinator
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking an experienced Transportation Compliance Coordinator to assist with our transportation compliance program. Responsibilities include supporting the Transportation Specialists in monitoring individual productions to insure compliance, identifying gaps and weak points in the system to improve workflow, and providing instruction and feedback to productions when needed. This position will report to the Transportation Manager in Los Angeles and work closely with the Transportation Specialists to help provide compliance support to our productions. The Transportation team is responsible for supervising all aspects of production related transportation for our global original series, films, documentaries and comedy specials.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 104 million members in over 190 countries. With continued international expansion and a move into original film acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires a proactive and positive thinker who is able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Specific responsibilities include:
Federal and State DOT and Drug and Alcohol Program Set Up
• Set up/maintain/close Federal DOT numbers and Motor Carrier authority coordinating with domestic productions, as well as any required State DOT Numbers and programs (including EPN program in California).
• Set up accounts with Third Party Administrators (TPAs) to manage required driver qualification and drug and alcohol testing.
Driver and Vehicle management and administration
• Interface with TPAs to provide DQ Paperwork to productions and Transportation Specialist
• Assist Transportation Specialist with random onsite auditing of DOT compliance paperwork and Q&A/Training with drivers and transportation management.
• Research and maintain a current understanding of governing regulations and exemptions
• Explore new technologies, test and pilot new programs to see how they will affect our industry in an effort to streamline film and television production transportation compliance.
• BA/BS Degree Preferred
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment simultaneously supervising multiple productions.
• General knowledge of Federal and State motor carrier regulations (knowledge of International regulations is a plus).
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters.
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting.
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information.
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly.
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current regulations both domestically and internationally.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask.