Technology Support Manager - Animation
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
You are an expert in the technical practices and tools of animation, from development, through layout to compositing and editorial. You have deep experience providing support to artists and other users with a variety of drawing, 3D modeling, offline editorial and other image manipulation tools. You've assembled and supported workstations, storage and network infrastructures to build a creative environment. You are passionate about providing excellent service to users, and making the technology approachable and transparent to them. You have structured and led a team of support technicians or engineers with passion.
As a leader of the tech support organization, you will:
• Develop a tiered support structure among the various technology team to respond to user needs for deployment and support.
• Implement tiered structure through specific training program and targeted recruiting.
• Continue to develop a technical support team to provide first-class service across our animation facilities and pods globally.
• Monitor support load between teams and support team members and anticipate recruiting needs.
• Collect user feedback and contribute observations to improve support, steer development efforts and infrastructure plans.
• Oversee the design and implementation of support strategies (user on-boarding, SLA, disaster recovery, business continuity).
• Devise and execute strategies to improve service levels and reduce response time through partnering closely with infrastructure and design teams.
• 5 years of experience supporting artists in the animation space, for both features and series.
• 5 years of experience managing a team.
• Familiarity with ticketing systems and a history of effectively managing support queues for a team.
• Understanding of networking and storage for media production.
• Stays abreast of developments of machine performance adapted to our users
• Working knowledge of the animation toolset and practices: Adobe CS, Avid, ToonBoom Storyboard Pro, Foundry Flix, and Maya
• The communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical concepts and explain how they impact the creative process.
• Compulsive curiosity.
• Familiarity with animation talent, theory, history and styles.
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, a lot of it original content: features, shorts, series, documentaries, comedy specials, unscripted and animated content
Animation is a key strategic initiative and Netflix Animation is expanding quickly. We provide direct technology support to artists creating the next great Netflix animated show. We provision and support artists with hardware and creative software.