Technologist, Production Workflow - Scripted
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
• Strong customer orientation and helpful, collaborative demeanor.
• An ability to translate technical jargon into layman terms.
• Minimum of 5-years of film/TV production or post-production experience; ideally in the scripted genre.
• Extensive understanding of image capture, production, and post-production workflows with an ability to quickly analyze and reconcile external operations against those of Netflix.
• Understanding of common industry tools and production practices.
• Willingness and aptitude to educate both internal and external entities with varying degrees of knowledge in your area of expertise.
• Ability to develop long-standing relationships with production and post-production operational teams.
• Ability to communicate and interact on a global level and frame projects with sensitivity to cultural diversity and industrial variation.
• Knowledge of industry standards and the bodies that ratify them.
• Knowledge of and relationships with technology solutions, equipment, and service vendors across production and post.A passion for sound and the moving image.
As part of the Production Workflow team, you will:
• Provide workflow support to Netflix scripted productions.
• Troubleshoot media assets for conformance to Netflix Originals specifications.
• Align with internal teams who also support productions.
• Work with internal engineering teams to inform the design of Netflix systems to serve production needs.
• Represent the Netflix Production Workflow team at industry functions, conferences, committee meetings, etc.
• Educate internal and external teams on Netflix Originals technical specifications and production best practices.
• Explore, analyze and document global production practices, challenges and opportunities.
• Devise and carry out strategies to achieve our global goals.
• Contribute to blogs, documentation, and other support resources to educate creative partners and vendors about our requirements and initiatives.
• Evaluate vendors for readiness to service Netflix Originals productions.
• Stay up to date on the latest production workflow software, hardware, and tools.