Technician, Screening Operations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is driving industry standards in the promotion of new technologies such as immersive sound, HDR, and groundbreaking displays. As the creative work on Netflix Originals evolves, the demand to review content in an immersive, technically accurate, and creatively engaging environment grows.
The Screening Operations Team facilitates a wide variety of screenings and in-progress reviews in Netflix's in-house facilities. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and experience to our filmmakers and creative executives. The team supports a rapidly expanding slate of current and upcoming screening rooms in LA and around the world. We are looking for an experienced Screening Technician to join the LA Screening Operations team at this exciting time of growth.
The Screening Operations team is committed to cultivating a creative environment, fostering filmmakers' confidence in Netflix's creative services and facilities, and preserving artistic intent throughout the post production and exhibition process. In this role, you will support and operate screenings and reviews in various room types including digital cinema projection-based screening rooms, consumer-grade Screening Lounges designed to emulate a high-end subscriber experience, and technical review spaces that support critical playback of work-in-progress content.
You will partner and liaise with Netflix Post Production Management, Content Creative, Licensing & Acquisitions, Publicity, Awards, and Marketing to secure screening assets, support their needs, and assure an exceptional execution.
This is an opportunity to have a direct impact by defining how a modern, innovative, and forward-thinking creative service operates and to contribute to the design and strategy of our global expansion.
• You have excellent communication and client relationship skills.
• You can quickly and accurately identify faults with picture and sound and successfully troubleshoot in real-time.
• You derive great satisfaction diagnosing root causes of problems, correcting them and documenting the solutions to share with others.
• You have interacted with a variety of filmmakers and have provided excellent service and support to facilitate a creative process; you understand filmmakers' goals and expectations.
• You are a team player who thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented setting.
• You are comfortable with pivoting quickly, and easily adapt to last-minute changes in schedule.
• 5 years working in a high-volume motion picture exhibition, post-production, production, live production, or studio environment in a client-facing role
• Experience with theatrical equipment such as Barco, Christie, QSC, and Dolby
• Understanding of audio and video signal flow
• Understanding of DCI specifications and/or SMPTE standards is prefered
• Knowledge of digital audio and video file formats including but not limited to DCP, IMF, Quicktime, EXR, DPX, etc.
• Elementary network skills
• Familiarity with post-production software such as Avid Media Composer, ProTools, DaVinci Resolve, Colorfront Transkoder, Clipster, and Shotgun is a plus
• Mac and PC proficiency
• Ability to learn, operate, and troubleshoot consumer gear including AVRs and emissive screens