Technical Operations Manager, International Dubbing
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We need a courageous and patience technical operations leader who is committed to pushing the industry forward with greater commitments to quality and to innovating long-standing workflows to better scale the volume and complexity of Netflix content. This is your chance to be part of a team that is transforming entertainment through original content and changing the perception of how more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films can be viewed and enjoyed, worldwide.
In the International Dubbing Technical Operations Manager role, you will push to break old industry standards and practices in order to efficiently and effectively create high-quality dub audio assets for the Netflix catalog in 22 languages (and growing). You will build a strong team of impactful individuals, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and own multiple initiatives while shifting nimbly as our business strategies change and grow. You must be an impressive communicator and make smart decisions despite ambiguity.
• Oversee Netflix's International Dubbing Technical Operations area for the dubbing of all Netflix Originals, International Originals, Series and Documentaries
• Innovate and optimize localization workflows to support accelerated timelines without compromising quality of content
• Ensure Netflix provides clear guidelines, specifications and creative direction to dubbing partners to enable the highest quality and effectual delivery of localization assets
• Help build a strong network with the dubbing studios, with experienced and profiled dubbing supervisors and dubbing directors
• Help build and create workflows for various centralized dubbing services, worldwide.
• Create ongoing educational programs with regard to the technical aspects of international recording and mixing for all current and new dubbing staff.
• Work with various technical teams to create and support a robust and ever-increasing international post production workflow.
• Support Netflix's accessibility initiative through innovating quality standards and creation of workflows for dubbing and Audio Description
• Partner with the internal engineering and QC teams to provide clear quality standards on all content language assets and identify and address gaps in the localization processes
• Advocate, understand and communicate the company's values
The Right Stuff
• Broad technical and audio experience in content localization or international versioning for theatrical and premium TV services especially dub creation
• Established strong relationships within the content localization industry including studios, international directors, international mixers/audio engineers and dubbing supervisors
• Solid understanding of international consumer expectations regarding audio and video assets, captioning and dubbing in the markets Netflix serves
• A deep passion for quality dubbing and international creative intent, worldwide