Senior Technical Artist
This was removed by the employer on 3/7/2023 5:14:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Video Game Category
Search for Senior Technical Artist jobs in Remote-CA
Search all Senior Technical Artist postings
Full Time Job
We're looking for a talented and seasoned Tech Artist (with an Animation focus) to breathe life into the heroes, villains, creatures, and environments for a new R&D game project. Leveraging your technical and artistic skills paired with a solid understanding of traditional and 3D animation techniques, you will partner with a multidisciplinary team of artists, designers, and engineers to create satisfying moment to moment gameplay.
We're looking for new teammates who care deeply about the experiences they create and the people they make them with. As a part of Netflix, we strive to hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration.
Now is an amazing time to join Netflix as we seek to entertain the world. We have over 200 million paid members in over 190 countries, and we won't stop there.
• Work with the Art and Creative Director to create sophisticated character, object, and environment rigs for prototyping and production
• Build and maintain a fluid animation pipeline, leveraging best practices to solve problems for rapid iterations and (eventually) production
• Provide rigs and animations for rapid prototyping and early visualization efforts
• Help record, process and integrate mocap data
• Evaluate new and emerging tech like Cascadeur, AI Mocap, etc. and integrate them into workflows as needed
• Work with game designers to understand and fulfill the needs of gameplay
• Collaborate with teammates by providing and receiving creative/team feedback
The Ideal Candidate
• 3 years as a tech artist
• Has worked in a prototyping environment
• Has shipped multiple games in an animator/rigger role
• Has expertise in current 3D Content Creation Software packages
• Able to contribute in Unreal
• Familiar with the limitations of targeting multiple platforms: mobile, PC, consoles
• Utilizes outstanding critical thinking skills to translate gameplay needs into animations that work within specific in-game contexts
• Thrives as a member of a cross-functional multidisciplinary team
• Communicates with authenticity, intention, and curiosity
• Gets excited by learning new skills, dashing to pitch in, even if this means flexing beyond this role's core responsibilities if it can help us win
• Works effectively off-site on shared projects
• State Machines and similar animation integration
As part of the application process, please provide a portfolio link or work samples with your application so that we can review your work. Your work samples should demonstrate your skill and understanding of animation principles in the context of the animation of bipedal human figures and other organic forms – specifically how these principles can be used to enhance gameplay and in-game feel.
Location: LA Preferred/remote
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $150,000 - $600,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.