Tax Compliance Analyst
Full Time Job
It's an exciting time to join Netflix; present in over 190 countries with members enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. As Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more.'
We're on the hunt for a passionate and talented Tax Compliance Analyst for India with a strong tax compliance background who would be part of the tax team located in Mumbai, reporting to India Tax Compliance Manager. As our India operations are growing and expanding rapidly, this person will gain excellent learning opportunities and exposure through working on exciting projects with Direct and Indirect tax compliance impact. This person will be working closely with internal stakeholders as well as external tax service providers to evaluate and implement tax compliance requirements and impact on business operations.
The core tax compliance responsibilities include:
- Assist with all direct tax compliances including corporate income tax, withholding tax compliances, etc.
- Assist with all indirect tax compliances i.e. GST filings, GST audits / annual returns, etc.
- Doing research on tax issues and prepare technical documentation
- Tracking and reporting of taxes
- Work closely with Accounting / Finance teams, ensuring all India specific compliance and tax accounting requirements are met
- Support tax audits / queries and work closely with the finance team and external service providers
Month-end tax accounting close: Creating journal entries, monitoring tax accounts positions, performing tax account reconciliations, etc.
Tax projects: Assist with various exciting projects in a fast changing tax landscape including working closely with internal stakeholders to understand the tax impact of business operations arising from the projects and ensure that direct and indirect tax compliance needs are identified, considered and communicated as well as implemented.
Relevant experience in the areas mentioned will be key when applying for the role.
• A close fit with the Netflix culture (see our culture memo)
• A great communicator who can build strong working relationships with internal teams and external advisors
• A self-starter, who is able to work effectively, autonomously and drive projects and process improvements under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting multiple tight deadlines
• Proactive, hands-on and innovative
• Curious and enthusiastic, not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented
• Flexible to collaborate with our International offices across multiple time zones
• Willing to travel to our offices overseas
• Chartered Accountant with 4 to 5 years of direct and indirect tax compliance experience in a Big4 and/or a corporate environment (preferably at a tech or entertainment company)
• Experience working on tax accounting and other tax reporting requirements
• Proven project management experience and demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
• Advanced MS office and Google Workspace experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
• Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems is a plus
The ideal candidate will work as part of a high performance culture built around freedom and responsibility. Read our culture and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.